Thursday, May 2, 2013

Confessions of a Mother

I knew that title would get some interest, right?  We will get to that in a minute.  Tatum had a pretty good day today.  She was pretty smiley and only had a few episodes of gurgly.  She was awake a lot more today.  I like it a lot when she is awake a little more during the day so I can hold her and talk to her and look into her eyes.  I feel like I can't kiss her enough or tell her I love her enough, so I tell her a million times a day.  I don't get nearly as much done during the day if she is awake, but who the heck cares about that!    Tomorrow is our visit to Primary Children's, finally!  This has seemed like the longest week ever.  I am just anxious to hear what they have to say.

To the confessions:
Right now, my husband is working on my decorations to go on the teachers door that I am the room mom for.  It is Teacher Appreciation Week, so they have us decorate their door with something cute.  If you know me you know that I am horrible at this kind of thing.  I had an idea, but I just couldn't think of how to execute it, so I became paralyzed as it got closer (I need it for tomorrow).  When Lance got home tonight I started telling him what I needed to do, he went to the computer and got to work without me even begging!  He got it printed, the kids colored and then Lance cut it out.  What a load off my mind.  I have been the worst room mom ever this year, so hopefully this will make up for a little of that:)
Confession #2:  We still occasionally give Hilary a bath in our kitchen sink.  Tonight was one of those nights. I just didn't want to haul up the stairs today.  Lazy.  Our friend suggested that we teach her to do the dishes while she is in there.  Funny!
#3:  I have total olfactory sensitivity and I can be a little bit of a Germ a Phoebe.  I spray a lot of air fresheners and I use a lot of Clorox wipes.  Last night, I was pretty grumpy because it had not been the greatest day and I felt like I was just running all day.  So when I came home from my final activity of the day and I saw my kids wrapped up in the blankets that I sleep with, BEFORE they were showered, I was a little bugged.  Then I felt like our living room smelled like dirty feet!  (here comes the sensitivity)  I wasn't very nice about all of this.  Not super proud of it.  Sometimes I lose sight a little bit.
On the flip side of the confession #3 is confession #4:  I love the smell of Tatum's sweaty little hands!  What kind of weird twist is that?  Poor little thing is always sweaty and her hands are no exception.  She kind of has them clenched and then she is hot, so everyone else thinks they smell funny. I love them.  I think it's a mommy thing?  I can't get enough of anything her, sweaty hands and all!
 Chillin in her bed today....

Comfy cosy.  She did really well today.

That is the end of the confessional today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment