Sunday, March 24, 2013

Everybody Loves Tatum!

Tatum update:  Not our best day.  In fact we took turns going to church today so that Tatum could stay home.  She has just really been struggling with her Oxygen.  We did not want to haul yet another piece of very noisy equipment to church so we opted to keep her home and let her rest, which she did not.  She stayed awake for most of the day just struggling.  If she is in just the right, weird position or being held by mom she seemed to not struggle as much, so I pretty much spent a lot of time on the couch today:)   We go to the doctors tomorrow so hopefully they will have some suggestions to help her get rid of her secretions a little more efficiently.  I have several suggestions and questions.  I will let you know how it goes, doctors always love suggestions right? (actually my doctors are wonderful and truly listen to mothers thank goodness)

The reason for the title is self explanatory.  Everyone loves Tatum and is drawn to want to help her, and we could not be more appreciative.  Just today we had six people offer helpful information or service of one kind or another. (I had to change the number from 4, to 5 to 6 because I kept remembering more people!!)
It is unbelievable what a network of people she has looking out for her and being instruments in the Lord's hands.  I have focusing my prayers on helping us to know how to make her life here comfortable and happy and peaceful and fun.  Can't live in the Walker home without a little fun, right?  I really want to be able to take her places like the park, or on walks, but the more machinery that is required, it is getting more and more unlikely, so I have really been hoping for some relief for her.  I feel very tied to her 'Sat' machine that tracks her Oxygen level because she has been so congested.  You can't really go anywhere with that, it's loud and obnoxious and heavy and bulky and everyone will panic when they see us suctioning out this cute little baby on the slide!  What a sight.  I am hoping that we can get her to a point where that is not necessary.  We had several visitors today.  Good friends who brought some essential oils for us to try, which I had considered already.  I hope that they can give her some relief.  I am happy when people act on their inspirations, even if they feel weird about it.  I hope that statement doesn't open up a whole flood of weird suggestions!  Just kidding:)  I am so grateful for good friends who care.

I shared a thought in one of our meetings today that I know that the Savior suffered not only for my sins, but for my infirmities and my sadness so that He would know how best to comfort me during the hardest times in my life.  There have been so many prayers answered in ways that could only have been accomplished through inspiration from a loving Savior who knew what I would need right at that moment.  He did it so He could help me in the most personal way.  Unbelievable.  And everyone around me is in on it and they might not even know!  That is the part I like the best.  Sneaky.

One of my good friends took some adorable pictures of Tates and the family and so I thought I would share a few of those tonight to put a smile on your faces.  She really is beautiful, if I don't say so myself.  Sorry, I couldn't just pick one!





3 comments:

  1. Love those pictures! And those feelings you have to sustain you are very tender and sweet. Of course we all love Tatum, and we love all the Walkers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priceless! Maybe you could give her some chocolate...I have heard that "cures" everything...OK maybe YOU should have some chocolate ;) We love you all!! Prayers are constantly coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather you are incredible! Elastigirl just doesn't cut it! You have such a way of remembering the tender mercies of the Lord, and such an amazing example. I love reading your blog and having my testimony grow at the same time! Can Tatums toes be any more perfect!!! She is perfect. I think of you so much and pray for you daily. I miss you and wish I could be there.I love you to pieces.

    ReplyDelete