Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fantastic Day

Tatum Update:  As the title says, it was a fantastic day for little Tates.  She didn't sleep the best, but she almost did better than Hilary, so go figure.  Hilary woke up at 2am, then again at 3am, then Tatum woke up. She was only up until about 5am, so I got to go back to sleep from 5 to 6:30.  I call that a success!  The morning went fairly smooth.  I didn't have a lot planned because I wanted to stay close to home so that Tatum could rest up for our big day tomorrow.  Tomorrow we go to Primary Childrens Hospital to get her g-tube checked.  She hasn't been tolerating car rides very well, so I thought if we let her be calm for a few days and not drag her around everywhere maybe it would go better.  We shall see if my little experiment works, stay tuned.  Tatum stayed awake for a lot of the day today.  One of my neighbors asked if Hilary could come and play for awhile so I decided to have a little outing (this went against my experiment, but I was so happy that she was having a great day!) .  We walked Hilary down the few houses and went in and had a little visit while the girls were playing.  It was a lot colder than it looked outside and windy, but Tatum did fine, it was me that was complaining.  Darn Utah spring.  When we got home, I got Tatum settled and put her little monitor on her foot and her Oxygen Sats were 99-100!  And I had even turned her oxygen down a little bit from what it had been the few days before.  She is such a little trooper.  She finally fell asleep in the late afternoon.  I went to check on her and there was her Yogabba gabba guy all wrapped up in Hilary's favorite blanket laying next to Tatum.  What a sweet sister she can be.  I love the thought that has to go into Hilary doing that for her.  I love that Hilary has a natural sweetness for her.
The other day I was studying for a lesson and I came across Alma 7:11-12.  I loved the part that it says that the Savior suffered our infirmities (that was not a requirement to fulfill the justice part of the Atonement, this was just because He loved us) so that He would know how to "succor his people".  I have seen this in our lives.  The spirit has definitely guided and directed others to help us in very specific ways, to be the Lords hands to help us in this journey.  I am grateful for that today.  I marvel at it, and don't fully understand it, but I know it is real.

Hoping that we can get some sleep tonight, and that we have a positive visit with the doctors tomorrow.

No empty chairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment