Wednesday, April 17, 2013

PICTURES!!!!

 Tatum Update:  There might be trouble in River City!  I think Tatum might have her days and nights mixed up!  She is pooping in the middle of the night which signals her to think it's time to stay awake.  Oh boy, this is a bad development.  She was pretty gurgly all night last night and so we just hung out together.  Then she slept from about 9:30am to about 3:30pm.  I was not about to wake her up!!! Don't judge, you would have done the same thing.  When she sleeps, she is so relaxed and her breathing is clear.  If she does this again, I will spend tomorrow trying to keep her awake during the day a little more.  Actually, I will enlist Hilary to keep her awake.  I am amazed that she can sleep at all with the little megaphone voice running around all day, but somehow Tates manages it?  Go figure.  The other update for Tatum is that we go on Friday to have her g-tube checked.  Six Weeks!  I really didn't think that she would even make it to this point, so this is a big milestone.  Love this little fighter.  She might have a little bit of her mama's stubbornness!  Unfortunately I think that Hilary does too:(  Note, the first two pictures from our big picture day:

Hilary was not about to stand where she was supposed to.  This was at the end of the shoot, I must give her that.
I will stand here, but I am not about to stop crying says Hilary.

Hilary was not super good in the beginning of the photo shoot or at the end, luckily we had a middle! She was delightful, almost laughing during some of it.  Another miracle for Tatum (or Tatum's mom really)

I think this is my favorite of our whole family.  Everyone looks like themselves and Tatum looks peaceful.
This will hopefully always remind us where we are going.  Focus on the eternities...
Love that my kids are holding hands and that Holden is laughing
This is Lance's favorite, because you can see Tatum's beautiful feet and her eyes a little bit.

Love sweet Tatum.  She is truly and angel here on earth to teach us and love us.  Love this tender time with her.  What an honor to be her mom and her family.

Grateful for Hilary who today insisted on getting herself dressed, picking out her clothes.  She said "I need to get me pants on" today.  I love the leprechaun talk!!!  I will be sad when that ends.  At some point this morning I checked on Tater bug and Hilary had put her favorite "spots" blanket on her.  I told her that I thought that helped her sleep better, and she agreed.  I am sure that blanket is a germ bed and filthy, but the love and thought that went into a three year old surrendering it for her baby sister to use for awhile made my heart smile.
Grateful for visitors today.  It is like winter here so I haven't been able to get out much in the past few days so it was nice to see friends.

4 comments:

  1. Your family is sooooooo gorgeous! Every. Single. One. Of. You. I miss you all so much. Everyone has grown up so much and we are missing it all! :( I agree...Tatum is most definitely an angel here on earth....so precious. Keeping her in our prayers. Love you guys!
    -Shanyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priceless! I love your family!! I am so glad you had this opportunity! What a wonderful special family you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are priceless! Tatum is an angel! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, I love the pictures! What are family pictures if at least one child doesn't want to cooperate the whole time. (This is usually Austin in our family) Tatum is so lucky to have such a wonderful family that loves her so much. Love Ya, Keri

    ReplyDelete