Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Ahh, Calm

Tatum had a super calm day today.  She woke up in a pretty smiley happy mood.  Her seizures were pretty calm all day.  I was able to hold her a lot today.  She even was tolerant of carpool!  She was sounding a little gurgly in the car so when we got home I hooked her right up to the sat monitor to see what her oxygen level was and she was about 93 which is pretty great for as horrible as she sounded.  I suctioned her just a little and she settled down pretty quick.  She was awake for quite a bit this after noon and into the night and was pretty content.  This is the part of the roller coaster ride that I like!

A little comic relief is always good when life is a little crazy like ours is right now.  We had an activity tonight for our youth ages 16-18.  It was a speed dating game.  Most of the adults were just there to support and so we were just standing around visiting with one another.  I was visiting with a few people from my neighborhood.  We were standing next to the drinking fountain.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw my neighbor boy come up to get a drink.  While he was getting his drink (can you see where this is going?) I could not resist, I reached over and poked his head down in the water!  Just then he looked up at me and that's right it wasn't my neighbor!!!!!  Even worse, it was an older gentleman that I had never seen before.  He looked up and smiled and said, "That was pretty funny".  I was horrified, so I said, "Sorry I couldn't resist, I guess I am a little juvenile:)"  Then I told him , "we have a drinking fountain at my house and i do that to my kids all of the time."  Lies, it was a total lie!  Anyway Halea and I laughed and laughed on the way home as i was relating the story to her.  It felt good to laugh like that.  Lance and I had a good laugh when I told him too.  I am such a ding bat.

I better scoot off to bed so I can be refreshed by 4am!  Cute little Tater bug.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe I missed the drinking fountain bit. I am just smiling about that. He he.

    Your Halea is so awesome. I just love when I see Kenz and her smiling and laughing together...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the guy at the drinking fountain was a good sport. Yay for a calm, and comedic (even with surprising twists), day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing so hard at the drinking fountain story! Gotta love the comic relief....that's awesome. Hugs and kisses to you all! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete